Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm Sick. Fuck!

I don’t do sick well. Being a true Leo, I hate getting sick and being out of ‘commission’ (hehe).

I hardly ever get sick and rarely go to the Doctor’s when I am. I grew up with parent’s who believed you could cure anything with vitamin E, honey and apple cider vinegar.

Like the time I got a rusty dart (and didn’t have a current tetanus shot) stuck in the top of my foot and my vein was gushing blood and I said “I really think I need to go to Hospital.” My parents replied “Oh, its nothing. Here, just put some vitamin E on it and it will be fine.”

They didn’t believe in Psychology either, they believed your ‘problems’ were all in your head…it’s amazing I turned out so well adjusted, really.

So I have been feeling really shitty all weekend and I was hoping it would go away, but it hasn’t. I finally coughed up a lung last night and decided, against my better judgement, to go to the Doctor.

“Ms. Beaverhausen, I believe you have walking pneumonia,” said the Doctor.

“As opposed to running pneumonia?” I asked.

“It’s not funny, its quite serious, it could turn into full-fledged pneumonia and you could end up in the Hospital,” he said.

“Oh, shit. That’s not good,” I said “Mind if I smoke? I’m just really stressed out right now.”

“There is no smoking in the Doctor’s office, Ms. Beaverhausen. And, considering your lungs are inflamed, I would highly suggest you quit.”

“Sure, I understand.” I began “Is it still ok to smoke weed?”

He didn’t seem amused. “Now, Ms. Beaverhausen, are you currently on any drugs?”

“Just the weed,” I replied.

“No, I mean medications,” he said very annoyed.

“Oh…yeah. Let’s see, Xanax, Prozac, Zoloft, a couple other mood elevators…”

“Let’s move on. Anyway, are you allergic to any drugs?”

I thought for a minute. “Well, I don’t think so. Although there was this one time, on ‘shrooms, I got really sick and puked for like four hours…”

“Again, Ms. Beaverhausen, prescribed medications.” He snapped.

“Oh. No. But, I really don’t like swallowing pills, gag reflex, you know? I’d prefer liquid. Oh, and flavored if you can. Bubblegum. Or strawberry.” I said.

“That’s not possible; you will have to settle for pills. Here you go,” he says and hands me a bunch of prescriptions. "Also, I would like for you to stay in the next few days and rest. Do you need a Doctor's note for class?"

"Yes, but actually, I have a test Friday so if you could date it for then..."

"I don't think so." He said

"Ok, well how about you just leave the dates blank and that way I can make copies and use them when I don't 'feel well,' know what I mean?" I said, winking at him.

"No, Ms. Beaverhasuen."

“Ok. Oh one more question, Doctor; can I still use heroin while on this medication?”

He shook his head and began to leave the exam room, “Goodbye, Ms. Beaverhausen.”

“Doctor?...Doctor?...,” I called out after him.

Well. That was very rude and unprofessional, I thought to myself.

So, now I am sitting here with my prescription Leavaquin, an inhaler, and a bag of Sweet Lady H and I don’t know what to do because my Doctor is a jerk.

I wonder if I can sue him for malpractice…

16 Comments:

Blogger p0nk ate beaver...

i'm pretty sure you lost him with the 'gag reflex' comment.
Being sick sucks. As a Californian, I declared my body a germ/virus/nuke free zone. Now if i could just get the Earth Firsters to quit trying to grow pot in my armpits i'd be okey-dokey.

2:38 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger pinky_nip ate beaver...

You need to "drink" away walking pneumonia.

I'm sending you a gift basket full of Fisherman's Friend cough drops; whiskey; vodka; chardonnay; and Benedryl.

You'll be fine in the morning.

Hang in there!! And "get well, get well soon, we wish that you get well"!!

3:12 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

P0nk--I used to be a supporter of Earth First when I was in high school. But only because Eddie Vedder had a tattoo of their logo and I was into that whole 'Seattle Grunge' thing. I really didn't care about the environment, I just wanted to hump Eddie.

Pinks--I'm hiring you as my new Dr.! Now, is it ok to mix the Whiskey and Benedryl?

3:16 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger pinky_nip ate beaver...

Well, you need something to help you swallow the Benedryl, now don't you?

4:02 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Oh shit I've been doing it wrong. I've been using the Nyquil to get the Benedryl down....

4:08 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Angry Ferret Jones ate beaver...

Does your throat hurt? You probably have gohna-sypha-herpa-ringworm throat. Very common in young hookers and attorneys.

4:28 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Thanks Z :)

Ferret--yeah my throat hurts, butI just thought it was from deep throating your cock last night....

4:35 PM, November 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous ate beaver...

oh that sucks that you're sick :(

Get well soon...quick to return to the weed.

xox
canuck

7:50 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Unknown ate beaver...

What a cock-suckin', mother-fuckin', anal-pleasin', clit-teasin', shit-eatin', wang-beatin', dink-hunter, ball-bunter S.O.B.

I hereby prescribe you 3 tall double vodkas, each topped with OJ, 4 drops each of echinacea and goldenseal, a bag of Miss Vickie's lime and black pepper chips and a fat bat (BC bud, of course!!!), rolled up 'specially for you with love from me....

Take these, a hot bath, and go to bed with your rabbit and call me in the morning.

8:15 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Jane--I will be breaking the rabbit tonight. Being sick makes me so f'ing horny!

9:00 PM, November 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous ate beaver...

And Beav? Whatever booze you don't drink? Send my way, huh? I'm too broke right now to buy it.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

11:47 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Asshat--Where have you been!?

Apache--Feel slightly better. Except, this damn medication wires me out and I can't sleep. I feel like I'm on speed.

11:08 AM, November 14, 2006  
Blogger pinky_nip ate beaver...

Ana, Counteract the speed with a couple of xanax.

12:39 PM, November 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous ate beaver...

Busy sewing shit no one wants to buy, and it's getting damned frustrating.

I fucking hate the Christmas season. No one buys anything for themselves! Though, luckily, one of my fave guys in Texas is getting a couple of shirts made, and a friend wants a new cloak made, so I may avoid utter ruin yet.

And Piraticus Asshaticus wants a pirate frock! I pretended not to get his email. I would have to be facing the homeless shelter before I'd sew for his sad ass again.

How're you feeling, hon? Any better?

2:39 AM, November 15, 2006  
Blogger p0nk ate beaver...

LMAO @ 'pirate frock' and having scary flashbacks to the movie "Dodgeball". Yaaaargh!

11:11 AM, November 15, 2006  
Blogger cockninja ate beaver...

Just a spoonful of seman helps the medicine go down ... the medicine go down ......

6:30 PM, November 15, 2006  

beavers

<< Home

Distance Learning Schools
Distance Learning Schools