Monday, October 16, 2006

Oh Yes, It Gets Better...


Fuck. I think I have had it with Law School and this fucking city and the people in it. Last week was a bitch.

So, my classes are like a grand a credit. 40k a year. My parents do not help me. I rely on loans and scholarships and work.

Myself and 3 other of my classmates had to work on a joint project. This girl in our group offered for us all to get together at her place to work.

Her parents are Muffy and Biff (ok, that’s a lie, I don’t know what her parents names are) and they own a few very popular restaurants in the city.

Anyway, I arrived at her apartment, overlooking Central Park. It has a doorman, an elevator guy and is on like the 30th floor.

I walk in and her “apartment” is bigger than my childhood home. No shit, I could fit my entire house in her foyer/living room.

She has a sunken living room that I walk into. Lying on the floor is a bear skin rug. I ask her “What’s up with that?” She tells me that she really wanted one when she was in New Zealand for the weekend, so she bought it. I’m like “New Zealand? For the weekend?” A fucking plane flight to New Zealand is like $1000+ and this bitch went for the weekend?! She tells me “Well, I just wanted to get out of the city for a few days so I went skiing in New Zealand.” My weekend ski trips involve a crammed clown car with my friends, one being a gay man who works with Maine State Music Theatre singing Broadway show tunes the entire way to Killington, Vermont (true story). I tell her this and she looks at me as if she has no idea what the hell or where Killington, Vermont is.

I go up to her floor-to-ceiling window and I’m like a little fucking kid looking into a toy store. I press my face to the glass and do the “jazz hands” thing on the window and am like “Wow….”

I find out later that her apartment is $10,000 a month.

She asks me where I live and I tell her I have a loft with roommates. But, I may go into a studio soon, to which she replies “Ew, why?” Or I may move in with my parents for a while to cut costs. My parents live about an hour form the city, which means I’d have to commute. “Why would you want to commute?” I don’t want to, asshole, but I can’t afford a 10k apartment like yourself. She has three bedrooms and she is the only one that lives there. Give me a goddamn bedroom!

The other kids are rich too, but she is really rich. Of course, they aren’t too intelligent and I’m sure money was involved in getting them into this school. As we are doing the project they kept looking to me for the answers. At like 1 am we decided we needed a nap. We thought, no problem, we can type this shit up fast. Well, we over-slept and woke up at 5 am. Having to be in class at 8.

We type it all up and by now I’m exhausted. We get to class and I am elected the speaker (of course, fuckers). So I’m reading this shit and all of a sudden I look down at my papers, put my hands on the table, hang my head and close my eyes. I’m pretty sure I fell asleep for about 30 seconds. I had to. I had to compose myself. I woke up and pulled the rest of the presentation off. By that time it was “question and answer time,” I said my partners will be fielding the questions. I couldn’t go on. They fucked it up of course.

But, I think we pulled it off. I’ll find out Thursday. If we didn’t someone owes me a bear skin rug.

11 Comments:

Blogger pinky_nip ate beaver...

I went to rather pricey, private, small college in Michigan, so I can relate to some of these rich, dumb fucks who get in.

I'll never forget the one guy who used to pay me $250 to proof-read his papers. I asked him what his father did one day, he said, and I quote "he's a baby doctor".

WTF?? I asked him if he "delivered babies". Yes. He didn't know the term obstetrician.

11:18 AM, October 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous ate beaver...

Stick with your dream AB.

2:23 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Yeah Pinks, its like half the kids I go to school with, seriously I don't understand how they can even function on a daily basis. They don't even care to be there its just "something to do" and if it doesn't work out they'll just have their rich daddies fund the next thing. Plus, they are all younger than me, I'm 26 and they are like 20-21. Assholes. Hmm...I better think long and hard (hehe) about this, I don't wanna end up like Apache's friend.

3:13 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Fuck yeah Stallion, god damn jews!

4:29 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown ate beaver...

Golly gosh, guys...

Aren't we all rich in friendship?

Yah, fuck me, I know.

Who wants to drink some cheap whiskey and drown our money sorrows???

9:43 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

After last week Stallion, I believe Mel has it right lol!!

10:51 AM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

...What happened to Ninj and Ferret??

2:02 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Good advice Spanks...I've been looking to put all my past Halloween costumes to use, this may just be the answer...

5:17 PM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous ate beaver...

I want to be a judge in this stripper-pole-contest you two are talking about!

5:49 PM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous ate beaver...

WOW!! Apache and I get to make wild monkey-love because we're time-twins.

5:51 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Yeah Apache--I'm scared. I think the commies got to him...

Wally Boots--calm down boy...

5:52 PM, October 17, 2006  

beavers

<< Home

Distance Learning Schools
Distance Learning Schools