Thursday, October 26, 2006

I’m So Smart, I’m Dumb...

I amaze myself at how stupid I am sometimes.

What makes this even better is that just the other night I was talking to Zanna and we were laughing at the stupid things we sometimes do. (I’m hoping she’ll share the ‘sneezing at her desk’ story.)

Cigarettes in the city are 8 bucks a pack. I had some free time today and decided to take a drive upstate and buy myself a carton since it’s cheaper.

So, I take my drive and buy my cigarettes. I’m in the parking lot getting ready to leave and decide I’m going to light one up for the drive home.

I realize I don’t have a lighter on me. I don’t have matches either. But, I have my car lighter.

I push my lighter in, wait a few seconds, and it pops out. Hmmm…

Well, you know how it’s usually a reddish/orange when it’s ready?








Mine wasn’t. Mine looked like this--










Must not be working, right?


I touched it with my index finger.

Ow. It works.

That was the shortest few seconds of my life, yet I can vividly remember everything. I can still hear the hissing sound of my skin as it is being singed by the lighter. I can still smell the burning flesh. I can still feel the skin sticking to the heating element.

I sat there for a minute, dumbfounded by what I had just done. Why didn't I just put the cigarette to the lighter to see if it worked instead of my finger? Because. I am an idiot. That's why.

But, luckily, my finger feels fine. I begin to drive away.


Fuck.

It really hurts now. And it’s getting worse.

Its 40 degrees out and windy and I’m driving with the air conditioning on and my mangled finger pressed up against the vent.

I’m cursing at myself the whole way home at how fucking retarded I am. I vow to never smoke again. I have been looking for a reason to quit, and I take this as a sign from God.

So, now I’m sitting here smoking a cigarette with my blistered finger stuck in a jar of Arnica.

Yeah, I know, I said I’d quit. But, the smoking helps the pain. I’ll quit tomorrow.

(Note: I’m hoping you guys will share something totally stupid you have done so that I can laugh about your misfortunes and forget about my own.)

(ASIDE: Luckily, I keep a cooler full of extra organs and extremities from when I used to steal people's kidneys for a living. I'd sometimes take extra 'parts' just so that I have them in case I am ever hard up for cash. Or for rare occasions like this.)


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ate beaver...

OK...

Me: "I am moving my bed. I'm sick of the damn sun always shining through the damn slats on my blinds and waking me up."

Other person: "Ummm...turn the slats up instead of down, then they won't shine on your eyes."

Me: "Fuck! And I already moved the bed!"

7:36 PM, October 26, 2006  
Blogger Unknown ate beaver...

ATM = Ass To Mouth, right???

12:20 AM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Angry Ferret Jones ate beaver...

I did something similar. Except instead of my finger, it was my dick. And instead of a lighter it was a nun.

But you know, six of one, half a dozen of the other....

1:07 AM, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous ate beaver...

Oh thank gawd, Ferret, for a mo' there I thought you were going to say you'd burnt your dick in Paris Hilton.

1:33 AM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger pinky_nip ate beaver...

I was on a date in college, spending a lovely summer afternoon at a botanical garden. They had a cactus exhibit and I just couldn't stop "petting" the one that was soooo soft. You'd think I was stroking a cock.

When I finally let the damn thing go, my hands had hundreds of fucking prickers imbedded in the skin. They were so miniscule you could barely see them, but I was in so much fucking pain and I just kept trying to "blow it off" like it was no big deal.

What a douchebag.

11:25 AM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger cockninja ate beaver...

Beav.: You know what you can do with that finger.

J&M: What was the worst day of your life?

ninj.

Oh yeah ... Stallion: How good is your sister in the sack?

11:26 AM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger cockninja ate beaver...

Pinky: I did the exact same thing... then I masturbated... it was mind-boggling.

11:28 AM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Pinky that was a great story! Thanks :)

1:11 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Cambel ate beaver...

I made the mistake of saying in front of a bunch of people I played fraternity sports with that "all that talk about the average cock size being 5 inches is a bunch of bullshit, most are way bigger"

Talk about outting yourself in a big way.

1:59 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Eve Grey ate beaver...

I was lighting a campfire in the summer & kept flicking my lighter over & over trying to get the paper to burn. It was windy & i brushed my hair from my face, WITH the lighter! fucking hurt & the next day i had a grey spot on my face that looked like ash which turned into a blister the next day. good times. moral of the story: don't try to light a fire after smoking a joint & drinking a bottle of wine.

2:39 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

Fuck Sassy--I did that once with the stove and lighting a cigarette. I put my face to the flame. Burnt off half of my left eyebrow and singed my lashes. That sucked. :( To this day I swear my left eyelashes are slightly shorter than the right ones!

3:22 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Chad Avery ate beaver...

Lol, I love it.

9:39 PM, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous ate beaver...

This line: "I sat there for a minute, dumbfounded by what I had just done."

is the line I think I'll use as the description on my blog. no more of that weird "One Female Canuck is a blog by...", just a rather simple
"One Female Canuck is sitting there, right now, dumbfounded by what she'd just done."

Awesome! And, uhm, there have been some comments about one shaved beaver made on my blog...you are missed, and I gotta tell ya, you've quickly become one of the family. Integration is good, y'all ;)

xox
m

9:51 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Anastasia Beaverhausen ate beaver...

HI M!!!!

You can totally have that line, my gift to you cos you rock :)

11:17 PM, October 27, 2006  

beavers

<< Home

Distance Learning Schools
Distance Learning Schools